5 Tips To Help You Prevent Freezing Pipes This WinterOctober 21, 2016
Are You About To Invest In A Heat Pump For Your Home?
Before you do, read on to learn the advantages and disadvantages of heat pumps as the main source of heat for your home.
A heatpump is a mechanism by which heat is extracted from the ground outside your home and the heat is pumped into your home as the main source of heat. It can also be used to cool your home in Summer, meaning you are using the natural resources from right outside your door to heat your home. Win win!
Heat pumps represent the most efficient alternative to fuel, oil and electric systems when it comes to heating and cooling. They supply more heating and cooling capacity than the amount of electrical energy used to run it. Its efficiency rating can go as high as 300%.
5 Advantages of Heatpumps:
- They are much safer than solid fuel or combustion heating
- They are cheaper to run in the long run, than oil or gas burners.
- They require less maintenance than combustion based heating
- They can cool your home in the Summer months
- They have an incredibly long lifespan – up to 50 years!
Disadvantages of Heatpumps
- Depending on the size of your home, the initial outlay for installation can be a little high
- There may be some research involved in understanding your own local geology and sources of heat etc.
- the installation process will mean some disruption to your house and garden
- A small amount of electricity is required to run the pump, so it will never be 100% carbon neutral
For more information on heatpump installation, why not call our friendly team today.